2021 Q3 Market Report: Hiring Trends in the Funds Industry
In Q3 2021, Funds Partnership Asia sees the APAC’s funds industry labour market showing a broad improvement in comparison to Q2 2021 with over 658 new positions created!
Here are our main findings:
- Market rates of salaries have increased up to 25% in Q3 2021. This is due to the lack of candidate supply and counter-offers at an all-time high.
- Investors and fund managers in APAC are looking to dedicate more ESG strategies and integrate more ESG efforts into their investment process. Candidates with ESG knowledge and skills are highly in demand.
- Senior private equity investment professionals with fundraising capabilities and deal sourcing networks are 80% more likely to get an interview than someone who only possesses either.
- Typical candidate salary increment expectations are between 10% to 25%, with the exception of candidates in China looking at between 25% to 35% increment (excluding pool of candidates doing sales, revenue generation, and business development roles)
- The APAC funds industry is active at the moment – overall, most hirings are focused on back-office hires such as Finance, Corporate Secretarial, Middle Office Solutions, etc.
- More buy-side firms are setting up their back-office teams in Singapore and Hong Kong, key hires are Finance professionals, Fund Operations professionals, and Compliance professionals
- Sales and Business Development professionals with a proven track record and who possess a strong network and relationships with LPs and GPs are highly sought after, with the potential of 30% to 45% upside on salaries.
Get the full infographic here: 2021 Q3 Market Report Infographic
For more explanation about these trends, please reach out to our consultants: