FundFAQ! for Institutional Sales
FundFAQ began with the interest in giving back to our candidate community – its priority is to share information with individuals whom are in their specific industries (e.g Hedge Fund Accounting, Private Equity Fund Accounting, Corporate Secretarial, etc) and aims to give bite-size infographics for many whom ready on-the-go. With this individually-driven market feedback that has been gathered at Funds Partnership Asia, we also want to keep the ecosystem transparent and share it with hiring firms, keeping them abreast to the market’s responses.
We have interviewed 18 candidates (Singapore and Hong Kong) we have recently spoken to after attending an interview regarding institutional sales career opportunities. FundFAQ narrows down the key questions to look out for, what other progression routes can candidates also venture into and most importantly, how did they feel after attending the interview.
Top 5 questions employers ask during an interview:
- Share your knowledge about a stock in your personal portfolio.
- If you had $100 million, what would you invest in?
- What has your sales track record been like?
- Pitch to me an investment idea/ three financial products.
- What are your expectations of this role?
Top Traits Employers look out for:
- Global perspective and insights demonstration
- Displaying a tailor-made service to the investment process
- Proactive and responsive investment advice inputs
Get the full infographic here: FUNDFAQ: Institutional Sales
If you are keen to speak to a specialist that does executive search for corporate secretaries in Singapore and Hong Kong, please reach out to our respective consultants:
Claire Ho – Senior Consultant
Justin Lee – Consultant