FundFAQ! for Private Trusts (Fiduciary Services)
FundFAQ began with the interest in giving back to our candidate community – its priority is to share information with individuals whom are in their specific industries (e.g Hedge Fund Accounting, Private Equity Fund Accounting, Corporate Secretarial, etc) and aims to give bite-size infographics for many whom ready on-the-go. With this individually-driven market feedback that has been gathered at Funds Partnership Asia, we also want to keep the ecosystem transparent and share it with hiring firms, keeping them abreast to the market’s responses.
We have interviewed 38 candidates (Singapore and Hong Kong) we have recently spoken to after attending an interview regarding private trust career opportunities. FundFAQ narrows down the key questions to look out for, what other progression routes can candidates also venture into and most importantly, how did they feel after attending the interview.
Top 5 questions employers ask during an interview:
- Share your experience when a company had to migrate or re-domicile in another jurisdiction
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of trustees in relation to investment matters under local and/or international legislation.
- Expound on the process of how you would go about restructuring an existing trust structure
- Describe how you would disperse trust assets to beneficiaries
- Share some of your expectations of the role you are interviewing for
Vertical Career Development for Trust Officers:
- Trust Administrator (1 – 4 years)
- Senior Trust Administrator (3 – 5 years)
- Assistant Manager (4 – 7 years)
- Manager (5 – 8 years, with people management experience)
- Senior Manager (7 – 9 years, with people management experience)
- Associate Director (9 – 12 years, with people management experience)
- Director / Head of Department (above 12 years, with people management experience)
Get the full infographic here: FUNDFAQ: Private Trust
If you are keen to speak to a specialist that does executive search for corporate secretaries in Singapore and Hong Kong, please reach out to our respective consultants:
Andy Ng – Principal Consultant
Daryl Ong – Senior Consultant
Lyn Thum – Consultant