FundFAQ! for Corporate Secretary Opportunities
FundFAQ began with the interest in giving back to our candidate community – its priority is to share information with individuals whom are in their specific industries (e.g Hedge Fund Accounting, Private Equity Fund Accounting, Corporate Secretarial, etc) and aims to give bite-size infographics for many whom ready on-the-go. With this individually-driven market feedback that has been gathered at Funds Partnership Asia, we also want to keep the ecosystem transparent and share it with hiring firms, keeping them abreast to the market’s responses.
We have interviewed 67 candidates (Singapore and Hong Kong) we have recently spoken to after attending an interview regarding corporate secretarial career opportunities. FundFAQ narrows down the key questions to look out for, what other progression routes can candidates also venture into and most importantly, how did they feel after attending the interview.
Top rated portfolios by interest:
- Listed Companies: 26% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
- Offshore Companies: 25% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
- Private Limited Companies: 37% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
- Investment Funds: 12% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
- Listed Companies: 42% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
- Offshore Companies: 26% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
- Private Limited Companies: 17% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
- Investment Funds: 15% of candidates are keen on this portfolio
Top 5 questions employers ask during an interview:
- Share with us your strengths and/or weaknesses
- Are you able to draft a resolution without a template?
- What qualities are important to be a good secretary?
- Do you have any experience drafting board minutes or preparing agendas?
- Why should we hire you?
Get the full infographic here: FUNDFAQ: Corporate Secretary
If you are keen to speak to a specialist that does executive search for corporate secretaries in Singapore and Hong Kong, please reach out to our respective consultants:
Andy Ng – Principal Consultant
Daryl Ong – Senior Consultant